We had some breakfast on the boat, just tuna baguettes, but there was too much mayo for me. We also had cups of tea for the first time in so long since we hadn't taken any with us on the trip, it was so good! When we got to Dover we had to wait to get off and then go and find the station to meet Mum and Malcolm. First we went to the bus station but that didn't seem right so then we went to the train station to wait there. When we met them we went and had coffee at a cafe there (Mum and Malcolm were heading over to Europe that night) and then went for lunch at the pub across the road.
At the pub I got a big breakfast because I hadn't had anything like that in Europe and I miss brunch! It came with toast, egg, bacon, sauage, beans, black pudding, tomato and hash browns, all for 4 pounds, so much food! I gave the black pudding to Malcolm, I don't think I could bring myself to try that, gross. Quentin got peas, pie and chips. The pie was really yum and he got about a million chips but the peas were no good. No big loss though! We couldn't finish all the food although we gave it a good shot. I love pub food.
After lunch we drove up the country to Quentin's aunty and uncles house at Banbury where they kindly said we could stay for a few days while we looked for a flat in London. We wanted to come and drop off all our stuff (not that it is that much) before dropping off the van so that we didn't have to take it all with us on the train. Their village is super cute and old like most English places. There is a little pub we went past which is hundreds of years old, maybe we will go to it while we are here.
Anyway I think this is where I will end the blog because all that happens now is that we drop the van back and start looking for work! We also need a place to live so I will get back to looking for flats and jobs now. I hope everyone has enjoyed the blog, and that I didn't bore you too much!
| View of Dover |
| I'm on a boat! (again) |
No comments:
Post a Comment