Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Day Four: Adventure Park Time!!

I didn't feel too bad this morning (to begin with!) so I made us all some breakfast sandwiches and coffee, and made a salad to take with us to Yomiuriland since apparently the food there isn't that great (which you would pretty much expect from a theme park). 

We got the train to Yomiuriland station which isn't too far from Jess and Stu, and then had to find the bus stop, we would have been pretty screwed without Jess since we can't read Japanese and most things only have some  random non-useful english words on them!

I took some photos of Quentin riding some animal statues while we waited for the bus, and we realised after we had been waiting awhile that we weren't in the line that everyone else was in but had pushed in at the front because we thought you would just wait at a bus stop like in NZ! Oh well. 

We got the bus to the theme park ok but we were getting a bit worried because it had started to rain and lots of the rides could close if it kept  raining too much. Luckily it stopped after we had been there about half an hour though so we were ok. Since it was a Monday and not a public or school holiday there was hardly anyone there which was awesome. 

We went on the biggest rollercoaster first which was awesome and scary and I  screamed lots and had a massive bug in my mouth at the end haha! Then we went on sky cycle which is like a roller coaster for kids where you ride bikes, super hilarious. Then it was a spaceship one like they have at fairs and stuff, then a standing up roller coaster which it basically seemed like you were going to fall out of but was fun. Then we went on one which was like a giant waterslide that you go down in boats. For some reason Japanese people have a weird thing about tattoos and water so it said no tattoos on this one so we had to try and cover ourselves up. We didn't do the greatest job but they let us on anyway, probably because we pretended none of us spoke Japanese. 

After that we went on these two rides called Crazy Hyuuu and Crazy Stooon (awesome names right!) which are towers, one shoots you up real fast and one drops you real fast. They were fun and you got awesome views! Jess was totally scared of going on them but then proud of herself for doing it. We had some lunch and then went on the Ferris Wheel which was cool because you could see heaps of Tokyo and the whole park. I tried to get the others to go on lame kids rides with me but they weren't keen. Although Quentin did go on the spinning cupcakes with me, it made us feel well sick! 

We thought about going to see the sea lion show but couldn't be bothered so went on the first roller coaster again and also this big boat one like the pirate ship at Rainbows End but which goes the whole way around. By that point we were all pretty tired so got a taxi back to the station and went to McDonalds to get a "bag of burgs" for our dinner. Their menu is all in Japanese so they give you a sheet and you point at what you want. I had a cheeseburger and also got a chicken burger to try but I didn't like it. Cheeseburgers are obviously the best burger. 

Then we went back to Jess and Stu's and Jess had to go to uni for a bit so we just watched arrested development. Also, I forgot to say that we saw the most amazing amount of Engrish slogan tops at Yomiuriland, they were amazing! I wanted to keep taking photos so I could remember them but thought I might get kicked out for being weird!
Jess and Stu on the sky cycle

Some of our bag of burgs

Man rides panda

Jess and Stu riding the mascot of the park "Landdog"

View one from the ferris wheel

View two from the ferris wheel

Pikachu!!

2 comments:

  1. Remembering drawing pikachu when we were kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wonder if I still have the folder of all our pictures? That would be hilarious to see!

      Delete