We got to Versailles without too much trouble/messing around, although we had to pay a toll on one of the roads it was only 2 Euro so that was fine. When we got to Versailles we actually found the place we wanted to stay straight away which was crazy, it seemed way too easy! It is about a 1-2 minute walk from an entrance to the gardens which are attached to the Chateau and about a 5-10 minute walk into the more town area so it's basically awesome. The guy working there is super nice, he doesn't speak much English but is totes friendly. He spent ages mowing all the grass in the afternoon while smoking and driving over tree branches, crazy French! We also saw a guy who may have been Mario.
After we booked in and parked and everything we were starving because we only had chips for breakfast! Luckily we had got supplies yesterday to make giant baguette! It was our first baguette in France and it was delicious, it had red onion, capsicum, cherry tomato, lettuce, wholegrain mustard and brie (from the amaze cheese aisle at the supermarket) and was the best baguette ever! We also had wine. Apparently wine is super cheap here, I have seen it for as cheap as 1.95 Euro a bottle! We wanted to get a good one though so got one that was around 5 Euro (heeeeeaps were cheaper) and had a thing on it which looked like an award, not that either of us could read it! It was good anyway.
After lunch and a shower we headed to the gardens to look around, it had been super hot and sunny most of the day, even though it had rained last night, but as soon as we got to the gardens it started to sound thundery. Apparently my hair was all standing on end from static electricity which I'm pretty sure it had never done before! Anyway we ignored that and the ominous clouds and kept walking around checking out all the statues and sculptures and what not. It started to rain quite a bit so Quentin decided to run back to the van to close the sunroof (it would be no good me trying since I really do not run!) while I walked to the place you can hire boats to meet him. I was just minding my own business taking photos when it became a massive thunderstorm with mega lightnings and super wind and it was blowing me into hedges! I kept walking to where I was going to meet Quentin and then a concerned worker came past and gave me a ride in his truck. Luckily where we were meeting had a restaurant which already had heaps of people sheltering inside since the storm was so sudden. I waited there until Quentin got back (we were both hard core soaked but we weren't the only ones!) and while we stood there waiting to start going back to the van we noticed that the restaurant was giving everyone who was leaving black sacks to wear, so cute! A black sack brigade was about to leave when the biggest and loudest thunder I ever heard went, and we all got massive frights and they ran back into the restaurant! They left soon after though and so did we. We kept trying to see the lightnings but missing them.
When we got back to the van we had left out towels and chairs and stuff which were soaked but we sorted out the bed and got changed into P.Js and had vegetable curry in bed and then watched the first Bourne movie which was funny since it was obviously way older than I remembered, you can always tell by their computers! I have just finished a book about computer hackers which was pretty interesting, it's called Ghosts in the Wires I think, something about being the worlds most wanted hacker, but I didn't understand heaps of it since I am not good at computers! I never thought I would be a fan of e-readers but Kindle is totes the best, I am reading so many books!
| Big baguette and wine! |
| Quentin loves big baguettes! |
| Sweet sculpture in the lake |
| Entrance to the Chateau |
| Tree sculpture hit by lighting, there was also lightning happening at the time |
| Some sweet storm clouds |
No comments:
Post a Comment