Saturday, 15 June 2013

Day Six: Izakaiya Again - Yum!


We have to go back to the airport tomorrow and our flight is at 11.30. Since it takes ages to get there we will have to leave around 6am so this is really our last day! I'm not sure what we are going to do yet but it has been raining since I woke up, and Stu and Quentin are still sleeping so I guess I will wait and see. I finished the second book on my kindle yesterday (thanks for the awesome present Krystal, Jean and Clay!!) so I will have to get Quentin to add more for the next plane ride! I think I have seen all the things I wanted to see here, and eaten all the foods I wanted to eat so I am happy with whatever we do.

We didn't end up doing anything during the day on Wednesday because I spent ages writing this blog and catching up on emails etc and we also hhad to pack so we were ready to go get the train/bus/plane in the morning. Jess suggested we go to izakaiya again for dinner though which was my favourite so by the time she got home from work we were ready to go and had the gin and juice ready. We spent some time looking at hilarious old photos (stu as venus fly trap, all of us as pirates at my 21st, our alter ego party etc) and then headed down to the place in her town to meet a couple of her uni mates (misaki and bob-chan). We were doing the all you can drink within two hours again which is the best idea ever but also would be a terrible idea to introduce to New Zealand. Quentin's favourite drink of the night was called Man Purple.

We got some food as well, but didn't go very Japanese this time, we got fries, pizza, "german potato" and edamame which was super yum. We also made up heaps of sweet new jokes with Mizaki and Bob-Chan who are hilarious. We ended up staying quite awhile, and Stu came ro meet us once he finished work. We realised when we left that it was already 1 and we had to get up in like 4.5 hours! We went to seven eleven on the way home (our new fave place) to get coffee and chips for the next morning since we were already anticipating the hangovers!
Drunk in Japan!

Ceasar Salad - No anchovies!!

Fries which were apparently spicy but they were jokes about that

Japanese Pizza, it's Quentin's favourite

German Potato - we thought what made it German was that it had sausage in it - we weren't expecting that.

Double Cheeseburger - Japan Style

Drunk the whole time!

Twins, apparently

Gangsta

No comments:

Post a Comment