I tried my second karaage on the way, one from seven eleven, and it was gross. Too fatty and with weird like breadcrumb batter on it. Jess said this one was more of a traditional one than the one we had at the temple because Japanese people like the fatty thigh meat. Apparently I don't!
When we got to the park we went and sat in a shaded part on these seats which were probably part of this restaurant/cafe but we figured they wouldn't tell us off because we cant speak Japanese (mwahaha). We had a picnic there of tuna salad, sushi and edamame which are some of my favourite foods, yay!
Once we had cooled down we went and got some food to feed the koi's and turtles because there were millions of them in this park in a massive pond. You can feed them off a bridge and they all come at once and have a feeding frenzy, it's crazy! We were worried the turtles might get eaten by the koi because they have such huge mouths!
We had a look at an old as Japanese house there as well, although it seemed the same as a new one. Then we went across the road to the squirrel park which was fun but way boiling. I got to hold a squirrel which was my main goal. Jess and I had iceblocks to try and cool down and even though I am suspicious of food when I don't know what is in it the iceblock was pretty good, it was strawberry and seemed kind of like a smoothie. It didn't taste like it had anything weird in it like fish sauce so that was a bonus.
We got a bus back to Machida after that because I was so not keen to walk again, too hot! We met Stu there and went back to Tamagawa and got some supplies to make takoyaki and gyoza. Also some beer and some "strong zero" which is some kind of RTD. If you go to Japan do not buy this! I was so sick all the next day, even though I ate fries! It did make me drunk though.
We had some drinks when we got back to the house and then made the takoyaki, although they are supposed to be made with octopus we made them with sausage instead because Quentin and I were not keen on octopus! We also had gyoza which they have for really cheap in the supermarket and both things were yum! Stu and Quentin ended up wrestling for ages while I was just cracking up and Jess was sleeping. That made noise control come so we decided to go to sleep after that! The landlady came the next day to tell Stu off but he didn't understand what she was saying so they both just laughed a lot.
Here are some pics!
| Not too impressed with the karaage! |
| The park next to the squirrel park |
| Squirrel is on my hand!! |
| Wrestlemania... this went on for about 2 hours according to Jess! |
| More of park by squirrel park |
| Feeding frenzy!! Koi vs Turtle |
| Baby squirrel! |
| Making the takoyaki |
| Don't do it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment