We walked through heaps of streets looking at the cool old buildings and all the restaurants, I saw two Japanese restaurants, called Fuji and Sakura, a thai restaurant called Ban Mai Thai, some Italian restuarants, Lebanese restaurants and Moroccan restaurants, oh and a sushi place called Kate Moss Box Sushi Box... weird name. Also there were French places obv but it is super hard to read their menu's even though I know what most of the food words are, because I don't know the joining words at all!
We ended up getting lunch at a bakery type place which may be a chain, or there might just be a lot of places with a similar name, I'm not sure. Anyway for 7.50 Euro you can get some sort of sandwich, some sort of desert and a drink so I got a vege baguette and an apple tarte tatin and Quentin got a goats cheese, mozzarella and tomato panini and a chocolate eclair. We wouldn't usually get a dessert since we know we won't be able to eat it but all these cakes and stuff in France look amazing! Plus we are trying to try all the French foods. Everything is so good! The chocolate eclair has chocolate mousse inside and is super rich, it reminds me that I don't like eclair pastry though. The apple tarte is amazing but so sweet I totally can't eat all of it.
Luckily it hasn't really rained so after lunch we head back to the gardens to try again. We considered going into the palace but after seeing the number of tour busses and the lines of people to get in we decided it wasn't worth it. We walked down to this big lake type thing which is in the middle of the gardens where you can hire boats and get a boat to go out on the lake. People were loving the fact that I was rowing Quentin around. We saw a fat as American lady making here two daughters row her around, and some arabic looking people trying to row and failing, also some Japanese girls who hadn't even made it out of the area that you get your boat from because they were just taking pictures of each other and didn't actually know how to row! Also I saw lots of ducks and one had heaps of ducklings which were soooo cute! They were racing each other.
After we went rowing we walked around some more but the we were getting tired so we went back into the town bit to get some liquor so we could go hang out in the sun. Also France is blimmin hot the whole time, so we were ready to sit down. Even when it was a thunderstorm it was hot. Anyway, we got some gin and juice, but no ice because the shop guy did not know what ice was. I tried to explain it but all he could think of was ice tea which I did not want. It was super sunny by the time we got back to the camp anyway so we just had warm gin and juice and worked on our tans. Maybe a little too well since we may both be a little pink now. We need to get sunblock!
I had tuna salad for dinner and Quentin had "laksa noodle" which was a box meal thing from the UK, they have a million convenience foods there, I can't wait to try heaps of them! They probably have heaps here as well but I can't read the labels and I don't want to get something weird like fois gras or escargot! I am trying to think of some classic French foods I can try while I am here though, so far all I can think of is Coq au Vin! Oh and crepes. I will keep thinking though.
| Pretty cakes are pretty! |
| Delicious vege baguette |
| 2 kinds of cheese! |
| So yummy |
| Get out of my rowboat |
| Lady of leisure! |
| Up in Marie Antoinette's estate |
| Sippin on gin and juice, laid back |
No comments:
Post a Comment