Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Day Fourty-Four: Four countries in one day!

We woke up to the most amazing view this morning, it is so awesome in Switzerland, definitely my favourite country so far! There were a few people around going for walks near our area, I saw a couple who had two yorkshire terriers, a black one and a white one, so cute! It was actually cold last night, amazing! This morning was nice though, sunny with only a few clouds.

We had toasties and coffee for breakfast again, it's going to be a hard habit to break! Then around 11 we started going down the mountain. We went for a few more small towns and saw some more gondolas and heaps of people walking and biking around the mountains. When it was time for lunch we stopped in a really cute small town to try and get some fondue but we walked around the whole town looking at the menus and everything and I didn't see any fondue. Also I can't read any German so we didn't want to try and risk ordering something when we didn't know what it would be! Definitely do not want to end up eating raw meat or something, gross!

Instead we just kept going and not long after that we were in Leichtenstein where we found a kebab place so we stopped there since I have been wanting a kebab for weeks and hadn't got one yet. We got a falafel one and a mystery one, we couldn't tell what it was from the picture but both were delicious! We could have had just one between us really but now we are way full! Lichenstein is only 25km by 6km so we were out of there pretty quickly after lunch and into Austria since we are going through the corner of it to get to Germany. We will be in four countries in one day today I think, crazy!

We stopped in Austria to use the McDonalds wi-fi and I went in to see what weird stuff they have at their McDonalds and get a milkshake. They have shrimps on the menu here, and also corn on the cob with butter, those were the most interesting things. No coffee milkshake though sadly. We went for a walk around a massive lake which is part of Switzerland, Austria and Germany and heaps of people were hanging out by it and swimming and boating, it was pretty warm, maybe around 28, way warmer than up in the mountains!

We want to stay for the night in Germany so we are at McDonalds to use their wi-fi again (should have thought of that earlier!) to see if there is a good campsite around. Also we wanted cheeseburgers, gotta make the most of this meat eating time before we get back to the UK and go back to our proper vege ways! We found a camp which was only about 5 minutes down the road and looked good so we got the directions and then went across the road to the supermarket. It is always fun to go to new supermarkets and this one was cool, it had a bread vending machine! You pushed the button for what you wanted, like a croissant or a loaf of bread or a pretzel or something and then it would pop out, the croissant came shooting out in a little tray, it was very exciting considering how much I love vending machines! Basically the highlight of my day haha.

Anyway we went to the camp after that which was packed! They were having a wedding and a lot of people were there to swim in the lake that they have as well I think. We found a nice place to park anyway near some other campers and had some salad for dinner since we were still pretty full from kebab and cheeseburger! We also had what I thought was a big beer I bought in Lichtenstein but was actually cider, bonus! Then we watched the silver linings playbook which Quentin liked but I thought was boring and had too much arguing and yelling in it.

The view from the front of the van that we woke up to.. amazing!

All the houses are this cute!

Kebab! The man who served us was drinking a beer. Then he had another beer.


The prince or king of Liechtenstein's castle, you can't go in it.

This is a blimp we saw, I tried to take a better picture but it was moving too fast.

At the lake in Austria

Sunset in Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment