We are heading down to Biarritz today which is basically almost in Spain and is apparently good for beaches and surf so I should get to have the swim that I didn't get yesterday, yay! Then Spain tomorrow I think. We have quite a way to drive though so I am writing this while driving. We stopped at a place outside bordeaux for lunch and had some salads from the supermarket for lunch, they were yum and had potato and beans and tuna and stuff, we will get them again for sure! Now we just need to drive some more, maybe another 100-150km and hopefully then we will be at the beach, yay! This has been the biggest driving part for the past few days but hopefully the next couple of weeks won't involve so much driving since we will be in spain for a bit and then Italy which doesn't look as big as France!
We got to near to Biarritz and decided to go to a different and closer beach instead because we were sick of driving and Biarritz would probably be really busy anyway. I think it was on the same beach/coastline anyway because when we got there you could look both ways down the beach for ages and it was just awesome beach the whole time. I didn't want to go for a swim in the evening because it was a bit cold and windy by the time we got there. It was such a nice parking place though, and we saw the first lots of people who were younger than retirement age so it must have been a popular place!
We had some drinks in the evening sun, Quentin had a big tequila beer which seems to be all the rage in France, they are called desperado and I have seen them everywhere. I had some 3Euro wine which was pink and a bit like fraise but even better, yum! I love cheap wine country! Then we had gnocchi and rattatouile for dinner with some camembert, it was pretty delish. Way better than the pasta in a can haha.
Oh we also went to another supermarket in the afternoon called E leclerc which is everywhere. It's weird, all the supermarkets I have seen in England and France so far are like everything stores. But also good to try and work out what things are. They have so many crazy products!
Everyone who goes around in a camper seems to have a dog which makes us very jealous. The people next to us who were young (maybe a little older than us?) had one and he came over to hang out with me and have some pats instead of hanging out with his owners. Then another dog came over and barked and I thought they might have a fight but the second dog got told off by his owner and had to go away.
| Sleeping on the job! |
| Beach |
| So romantic! |
| Campers at their home |
| Super popular in France... tequila beer |
| Model shot |
No comments:
Post a Comment