Around lunchtime we stopped at McDonalds to use their wi-fi and find somewhere to stay. Also to have a cheeseburger! I found a place which looked good and had a lake and was only about 20 minutes away so we went over and checked in. It is a super nice place, they have a huge area and different sorts of accommodation like campers, cabins, tents etc all set around a big lake which has this awesome set up for waterskiing without a boat, it's hard to explain but I will put up a picture.
There are also some shops and restaurants and stuff. I went for a swim in the afternoon and then it was still really hot so had a cold shower. It is 8.30pm now and still way hot! I wish we were back in the mountains again where it was nice and cool! We went and had dinner at one of the restaurants here, Quentin got the german version of a pizza which was called something else which I can't remember. I got something called a gyro wrap which came with delicious potatoes and a sauce which was like tzatziki. The wrap was delicious, I think it was chicken and it had salad as well, and what looked like massively hot mini peppers but were actually just yum, confusing!
We are both super full now though so we might just hang out in the van and watch something. It is still sunny as though so hopefully the sun will go down soon and it will be a bit cooler! For the next couple of days through Germany we are going to go off the motorways so we can see more towns, and tomorrow I think we are going to visit Heidelberg because it sounds cool. I am looking forward to the Netherlands too! Just a couple of days away. Too bad we only have one week of our trip left, it is sad to have to go back to reality.
| Iced coffee so good even Krys would like it! |
| Potato amazeballs! |
| German pizza! |
| Waterskiing contraption |
| More of the waterskiing thing |
No comments:
Post a Comment