Bologna was cool! We parked near the area our guidebook said was good to look around and went into the square where they were set up like they were going to have a concert. We wanted to find somewhere for lunch before we looked around too much though so headed down an alley off the square. I think it was the fruit and vege alley because they had heaps of little shops and stalls down there. They call watermelon cocomero here which is confusing, I thought it meant coconut at first. Also everyone seems to love cherries. I'm not sure why though since I think they taste like a plum but not as good.
We found a little place to get lunch which was really popular so I took that as a sign it must be good. We got potato foccacia, a calzone and some hot chips. I have been wanting hot chips for days but hadn't seen any until now, yay! The potato foccacia was really good but also oily. The calzone was yum as well but a bit dense. Quentin mostly ate those and I had almost all the chips! They always serve them with tomato sauce and mayonnaise here. I don't like mayo that much but it is pretty good with chips. Also you can buy McDonalds mayo and tomato sauce at the supermarket.
After lunch we went and looked around some more. We found this library which was really awesome and had been restored from the 14th century or something. It was decorated with all sorts of paintings and plaques from people who had contributed to the University that it was a part of. I'm not sure if it is still used as a University but maybe. We also went and had a look at the big church in the square but it was being rennovated and had a lot of scaffolding around. There are a lot of places we have been where they are doing rennovations at the moment.
Oh we also saw the two leaning towers of Bologna. They are not as pretty as the one in Pisa, or as tall, but they may be on more of a lean. After Bologna we got back on the road and drove to Montova. I was feeling pretty sick by the time we got there and keen to stop so luckily we found a camper area there. There weren't many other people there, just two or three other campers. There are showers and stuff though which was good news! We decided to stay the night and for most of tomorrow as well so we could have some rest. All I really want to do is lie on our awesome couch and watch TV but I can't really do that in Italy!
We had some burritos for dinner which were delicious. No sour cream though because I can't find any here. I'm not sure if they don't have it or if I just don't know the italian word for it and I don't want to end up with something weird instead! I also had some sort of chocolate pudding for dessert which was yum but had mock cream on it which I don't really like. I got to have a warm shower as well since it wasn't too hot, so good!
| This is a weird petrol brand, it looks like a dog but is breathing fire and has 6 legs. |
| Two leaning towers |
| Focaccia and calzone, nom! |
| In the biblioteca, super fancy! |
| Library roof, so many decorations! |
No comments:
Post a Comment