Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Day Twenty--Nine: Still no celebrity sightings.

This morning was super super hot in the van and there were millions of noisy animals around, I don't know if they are crickets or cicadas but they are annoying! Also there are mega size ants here, I don't know if they are normal ants or not but I keep being scared they will bite me! I did some reading at a picnic table while Quentin slept more because it was way too hot in the van, I don't know how he stayed in there! Then I went and got some coffee and baguette for breakfast and when Quentin got up I took everything out of the van to air it.

After breakfast (which usually seems to be at around lunch time!) we packed up and headed for Cannes which hopefully is only about an hour away. We had to do some back tracking for the first time on our trip (since we really hate back tracking) to get onto the right road to get to Cannes which may be the same road we were on last night when we got sick of driving in the middle of nowhere! Anyway we are going to go check that out and maybe go to the beach.

When we got to Cannes they had an amazing long beach so we got a park and went and lay on the beach. It was super super hot so we went for swims every half hour or so when it got too hot. We have sunblock now (SPF50) so no more sunburn! We are very jealous of all the people who have jet skis and boats and stuff so we are planning to go on a summer vacation next year somewhere where they have all that stuff and we can afford it! Not on this trip though because we are on a budget!

We had some baguette at the beach for lunch in the afternoon and then when we were done with the beach we went to find somewhere to stay for the night. We drove through Cannes and it was super pretty, so many awesome buildings! And saw heaps of richies but no celebrities I don't think, dissapointing! We stayed at an aire on just above Cannes and had a pretty awesome view of everything around. We set up our picnic table and chairs and had some gin and juice in the afternoon while reading magazines and people watching.

The aire we were staying at was pretty noisy though since it was close to the motorway. We still slept ok but I woke up pretty early because of heaps of trucks going past. There was a car full of people who arrived when it was getting dark to have dinner and I thought they had lit a fire in the picnic area but when I looked the next day there was no evidence of a fire... either they have a portable fire or it was magic!

Super yachts are everywhere

Beach time the whole time!

More boats!

Interesting sign...

Marilyn!

Sipping on gin and juice (as usual!)

No comments:

Post a Comment