We got the train to the stop nearest to St Peters and went to go and find somewhere to have lunch since it was already lunchtime and we thought it would be a good idea to go before we tried to go into the Vatican or whatever. Luckily there are a million restaurants everywhere in Italy so we only walked for about 5 minutes and then found a bunch of them. We went into one where the staff were super enthusiastic, Quentin liked it but I didn't know if I liked it because one of them was calling me princess, gross!
We got pizza and bruschetta, we thought we better not get pizza and pasta again because it was way too much yesterday! Also I got a glass of milk because it was on the menu and made me think of brunch times where we always got big glasses of milk! The pizza was super delicious and so was the bruschetta, all the food in Italy is amazing, better than what we had in France and Spain!
Anyway when we were there we realised it was already 1 and the Vatican Museums were closing at 3 so we better get over there. When we did and saw the line we decided not to go in at all! It looked like you would be standing in the line for about 2 hours and we hate lines! We had a look around the outside of everything anyway and then went down the road to this castle which was a museum inside. We didn't go in but had a walk around the grounds. I was spying on people and may have seen someone propose to someone else, he was down on one knee saying something and then the girl was all excited and hugging and kissing him lots so thats what I thought happened anyway!
It was a mega hot day so after the castle we decided to go back to the camp and go to the pool and cool down. We had to walk a bit back to the train station and it was a killer! It must have been at least mid thirties. I was super glad to get back to camp and go in the pool for awhile. They also have these recliner deck chairs which have shade covers for your face which are awesome. I had a nap on one. After that we just had some pasta for dinner and started watching the office from the beginning for like the millionth time. Pretty sweet.
| Soooo good! |
| St Peters Square |
| One obelisk of many |
| Castle as! |
| Someone may be proposing somewhere behind us! |
| Pool time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment