I cleaned the van and we did another lot of washing, plus dishes and stuff and then I went for another swim before we left, I love going for swims! Then we started our drive towards Genova. We went to a supermarket (first one in Italy) which was part of a mall that had a restaurant in it and we got pizza, our first food purchase in Italy! We got a margarita one and one with mozzarella, brie, tomato and rocket. Both were amazing but the margarita one was the most delicious. If all pizza is like that in Italy I am going to be eating a lot of it!
Anyway then we went shopping, we realised after a while that all we had in our basket was three kinds of beer, two kinds of wine, and diet coke so thought we should get some food too! Then we kept on going for our drive. We are going through heaps of towns because we are taking the scenic route next to the ocean. Each town has heaps of beach and a lot of them have private areas of beach where there are restaurants and you hire deck chairs and umbrellas and stuff but they have public parts too.
So far we think that Italy is in between France and Spain, not as nice as France but not as derro as Spain. Some of the towns are nicer than others as well. We drove through Genova and decided not to stay there because it was a bit run down and we couldn't stay by the sea so just kept going until we found a town where campers could park near the beach. It was a cool park and just on the other side of the fence was the sea wall so we went and sat on that and had some (1.90 Euro) wine which was actually pretty delish. Cheap wine rules! We saw some people fishing and sailing, and a guy snorkelling who may have been getting mussels off the rocks or something.
Part way through our wine drinking on the sea wall a policeman called out to us from the fence so we went over to see what he wanted. He asked to see our passports and then asked about our trip and gave back our passports and they went away again, I'm not sure why that happened! They were totally nice though, and we thought one looked like a cartoon of what a policeman would look like.
Oh I forgot, we went to McDonalds to try and use the wi-fi but they have to send a code to your cellphone and mine isn't a European one, bummer! I did get a coffee flavoured milkshake though and it was amazing! I want way more of them! What else happened?? It seems like everyone here rides a scooter and has a death wish! I thought it was just a stereotype that all Italians rode scooters but apparently not. They also ride them super dangerously! And there are heaps of these three wheeled tiny trucks. Not sure why they only have three wheels, I don't see how it would be any better than four!
| YUM!! |
| There are castles everywhere here |
| Just a small castle |
| View from the sea wall |
| Quentin is good at photography! |
| Oh hiiiiii |
| Growing the facial hair again... |
you look sunburnt and super happy!
ReplyDeleteHaha I don't think I am sunburnt, just tan! But yup definitely happy :)
Delete